SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrice607

IANDS - International Assoc. of Near Death Experiences

patrice607
18 years ago

Hi -

My husband had a heart attack three years ago. Thankfully, he survived. However,the 12 minutes without oxygen has taken its toll on him. He was in a coma for 3 days, Cardiac Intensive Care for 10 days, residential rehabilitation for three weeks and out-patient rehab for 4 months. He went through a period of restless searching until he found IANDS, the International Association of Near Death Experiences. They meet once a month and my husband plans his schedule around the meetings. Yesterday, I accompanied him for the first time. I have been anxious to go but wanted to wait until he was ready to share this part of his life with me. I was amazed by the lack of fear in the room as the people talked about their near-death experiences. Several people talked about their final crossing over as something they were actually looking forward to. There were also many people who had lost loved ones and were searching for answers about what happens after death.

Dr. Alan Botkin was the speaker yesterday. He is a noted psychologist and author who is using new methods to help people move through their grief. He also works with veterans and others who are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

I am offering this as a resource to anyone who is searching and is open to alternative methods. Whatever you decide, I encourage you to find some type of support group and other people who will walk with you in this most difficult journey.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio