just lost my husband in accident

saraj_2010

Hi, I just lost my husband of 14 years 11/2 weeks ago in a really bad accident. I have been with him since I was 15 years old. I am in the numb stage now but have 3 kids so I need to be able to function for them.I was just looking for some advice on how to handle this. I would apreciate any advice I can get thank you.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry.

I think at this stage you're doing really well if you can just put one foot in front of the other & move through the day.

You do have to function for the children, but you don't have to carry the burden alone:

Holler for help.

Go to your family, friends, neighbors, clergy, the children's teachers & their classmates' mothers, everybody you can think of, & ask them for their prayers & their "strong backs" to help carry this burden.

I wish you the best.

Save    
socks

Saraj,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have not had this experience, but I do know that you must allow yourself to go through the grieving process in all its phases. As someone else here said, you cannot skip grief, you have to walk right through it. I would strongly recommend that you call your local hospital to find out about grief counseling, whether individual or group. You reached out for help here, and that's wonderful, but you should also reach out for professional help which will benefit both you and your children. Family and friends' support is helpful too.

Again, I am so sorry, and my heart aches for you and your children as well. Post back and let us know how you are doing.

Susan

Save    
evaf555

Try this first.
http://www.ywbb.org/forums/ubbthreads.php

The board is a little more active than this one, and has forums broken down for newly widowed, 6 - 12 months, special circumstances, etc. Widowchick has a discussion group on Facebook.

Save    
divya_gaurav

i know and can understand what you are going through because even i m in the same state..but atleast think you have kids for whom you can live..i dont have anyone and really wish that he should have given me atleast one child..i m myself in bad state to advice but still if you feel like sharing i can understand being one sailing in same boat.

Save    
riversong3000

I found this forum today. The loss of my husband (2009) has been the most difficult thing I have ever faced. It is good to read the post of so many caring individuals. We need each others advice and prayers.

Save    
nana2010_gw

Loss of one's spouse is probably one of the hardest things we ever have to face. If you can try to do one positive thing everyday I think it will help both you and your children. There are many sources available to help you cope with your loss.

Save    
demifloyd

I am so very sorry for your loss.

My husband died unexpectedly two years ago.
This will be a difficult road, it still is very difficult for me at this point.

There are many younger widows on a site called youngwidows; you may find people you can relate to at that site, I still read it.

My condolences to all of you; no one knows what this is like but another widow. It is good to keep all of your friends and family but finding someone who can actually relate helps.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Houzz Call: Share Your 'Happy Accidents'
If any of your home decorating successes have happened by chance, we'd like to hear about it
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Slow Down: The (Lost) Art of Laziness
Do you go to bed with to-do lists flashing through your head? Try one of these ideas to give yourself a break
Full Story
Home Tech All Is Not Lost: New Gadgets Help You Find Your Stuff
If you lose it when you lose things around the house (and who doesn't?), one of these wireless finders may be to your gain
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever