SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ridoodles

3 months ago I lost My son in an Auto Accident

ridoodles
14 years ago

It was Feb 7th , 09...he was the driver , and there were 4 others in the car with him. All very young...2 girls were 15 , one boy 21, my son age 20 , other boy age 19...All had been drinking...

he was racing , driving very fast , lost control of his car, crossed the yellow line and hit an oncoming car with a young couple. Those people survived...Thank GOD in HEAVEN..

My son and the 2 other boys all died...The 2 young girls lives were spared..they were in the hospital on respirators then with time got well and went home.

How do I cope with all of this ? I am trying my best to get through it all...the grief of losing my son is enormous added with the grief felt by all the other families touched by this tragedy at the hands of my son.

This all occurred in RI...

trying to stop crying ..trying to be strong for my other 3 sons...trying to get up in the morning...that is my biggest hurdle...getting up , and finding some strength to carry on with activities of daily life....pretending my way throughout the day....

Does it ever get a bit better? I am at the stage of still thinking about him every second of the day still..which is nice but when it seems to ebb the flow returns with the many reminders of that night , the following weeks up until now...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus