SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miz_fix_it

Installing a Carrier Infinity gas furnace/ac system

miz_fix_it
14 years ago

I received a quote to replace a 27 year old electric heat pump system in Maryland for a 2600 sqft split foyer and would like to have someone help me verify what I am getting. I haven't been able to locate product descriptions to make sure I'm receiving what was discussed.

58MVC0100-F-1-20 Infinity 96 gas furnace, three stage, variable speed, 96% AFUE. The BTUs discussed were suppose to be 90,000.

24ANA136A0031 Infinity 21 A/C w/ Puron, 3 ton, 21 SEER, 2 stage condensing unit.

CNPVP4221A Infinity coil.

SYSTXCCUID01-B Infinity thermostat.

AHRI Certified Reference number:3406121 Date: 9/11/2009

Meets AHRI Standard 210/240-2006

Cooling Capacity btu 37000

EER Rating (cooling) 13.80

SEER Rating (cooling) 18.50

Product: Split System: Air-cooled condensing unit, coil with blower.

Outdoor unit model number: 24ANA136A31

Indoor unit model number: CNPV*4221**+UI+58MV(B,C)100-20

* indicates a voluntary rerate.

Quote includes: pad, all necessary sheet metal, wiring and gas piping, remove and dispose of old equipment, 3 year labor(installer) 10 year parts (factory).

Quote: $6200.00 reflects all credits (1500) and rebates (on the rim and out the door)

Could someone tell me if this is a reasonable price and the product numbers are what is being represented.

Is there anything I should be alerted to or double check? My one disappointment is that they want to run the venting out the back of the house instead of through the roof. They seem ito think up is not viable logistically, but I have an access hole between the bathrooms on my upper level and am hoping they change their minds. I was also told that the unit vented out the top, but the picture I saw showed the pvc coming out of the side. I noticed that even though the SEER is 21 the rating is 18.50. Is this the most you are able to expect from this unit?

Is this component combination the most efficient and is this the best thermostat for this system? I read several postings where various configurations suggested by the installer posed some problems. The descriptions I assigned above were what I was explained by the installer. Are they accurate for the extended model numbers? I haven't been able to find these complete numbers identified anywhere.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I need to do the install right away - old unit is struggling. We have used this company for repairs in the past, but this is a large investment and I want to double check him.

Comments (3)