SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chattypatty49_gw

We laid my mom to rest today

chattypatty49
15 years ago

I don't think I have ever been so physically, emotionally and spiritually drained.

Mom had alzheimers and was in a nursing home for the past 5 years. I feel they cut her life short (even if she was 91 yrs old).They told us she had UTI and they were giving her iv fluids. Next she fell out of her wheel chair, not once, but three times.When asked why she wasn't taken to the hospital they said that if she could move her arms and legs and her little hips weren't out of alignment she didn't need to go. They called my brother and said she had fallen out of her chair again and had a bruise on her head.

It wasn't a bruise she had a 3 inch gash. I went down there and came home and called my brother cause he is a lot farther away than I and he came up and told them he wanted her in the hospital.

The hospital did xrays and she had a skull fracture and possibly a broken wrist.

The Dr. in the hospital sent her to hopice house on Sunday. No way were we going to let her go bsck to the nursing home.

She took a turn for the worse on Monday morning and fought a brave and hard fight till Thursday afternoon.

I miss her so much and am so angry (at the nh) that I can't stand it.It hurts cause we promised dad we wouldn't put her there. The Drs. did, but I still feel so guilty and I know my dad is in Heaven with her,but I hope he can forgive me.

Sorry this is so long and rambling, but all I am right now is a bundle of nerves.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Patty

Comments (4)

Sponsored