SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dottieb_gw

My Nephew Died

dottieb
17 years ago

My nephew got killed in a car accident on September 17, 2006 His car ran off the road and it flipped from end to end. He was killed instantly.

The pain of grievance is so unbearable at times. We were so close. He was only 30 years old he had his whole life ahead of him. I have real mixed emotions. I even feel a bit of anger.I loved him dearly and will miss him being around and spending time to talk to me about anything. He played music he was a great keyboard player. I am a recoverying alcoholic so I was not comfortable going into the clubs and listen to him play. Now I wish I was strong enough to go hear him play. I feel so guilty. He was well known in his community.

I live with my sister. And this is her youngest son who has passed. My biggest pain is seeing her pain for the loss of her son. I dont know whether to comfort her or just allow her the feelings. I can not even imagine how she feels losing her baby. I dont have children so I will never experience this type of pain. And I cant tell her I understand Because I dont.She is just devasted. I know like mine her heart is broken. Can anyone give me advice on how I can deal with my grief yet be courteous of her feelings.My pain is so real but at times I feel it is just a nightmare. And he will be here tomorrow for a visit. I feel so numb. I will miss Christopher with all my heart. I was always around my sisters children a lot. She made the statement once because I couldnt have children she would share hers with me. I am bi-polar and on my meds regularly. But I am having a lot of racing thoughts about the accident,his death, letting go. I need some encouraging words. What can I do for my sister? Please help!!!

Dotti

Comments (3)

Sponsored