Helping Mom Deal with death of husband

azwil

Anyone have any tips to help me deal with my Mom. 1 year ago my dad passed away and I have been helping her emotionally, now she seem to be great one minute and the next snapping at me for no appeant reason. I know that some people have Depression, Anger for losing a loved one. Anyone have experianced this? Or, a way to help me be helpful to her?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mav63_2007

I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away. I know what your mother is going through and you are grieving too. You don't say if you are living with your mom or if she is on her own.
Yes, she will go through, what I called my Jekle and Hyde times. I live alone so I can't take it out on anyone else. You mom has to work through this herself because no one else can do it for her. If she hasn't gone for grief counselling that is a very good option, it helped me a lot. I mentioned above that you are also going through your own grief and maybe you could mention that to her very gently.
I have been widowed for 4 years next month and I can tell you that it gets easier but it never goes away, you and your mom have to cope with it in your own way. Be there for her and ask her to be there for you.
God Bless.
Mav

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm sorry for your loss.

If you can, please get her to see a good physician who is knowledgeable about depression;
a mild anti-depressant might help.

I wish both of you well.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Are Ceiling Fans the Kiss of Death for Design?
Ceiling fans get a bad rap for being clunky and outdated, but these streamlined styles and a bevy of pros beg to differ
Full Story
Pets How to Help Your Dog Be a Good Neighbor
Good fences certainly help, but be sure to introduce your pup to the neighbors and check in from time to time
Full Story
Decluttering Downsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Kitchen, Bath and Interior remodeling company featuring the latest bath and kitchen designs and the largest... Read More