SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marina_ic

my friend hanged himself

marina_ic
13 years ago

He had a birthday last week... he turned 29. He had a wife who is 5 months pregnant and he was the only son to his parents.

He came to our house as my dad's student, but fast enough he became much more than that. My parents grew to love him and even thought of him as their own.

He had a great job, a wife who adored him and family that was proud of him.

In the past few months he became depressed - he thought he was a hassle for everyone. None of us realized how serious it was... we all thought he was freaking out because of the baby. None of us realized how deeply he was disturbed. None of us even considered the possibility of him taking his life.

He hanged himself at my Dad's house. He was preparing for it for few days. He was hanging very low - unbending his knees would of saved him.

He was extremely smart, talented and funny - this is the way i choose to remember him. Nevertheless, i can't get over my anger at him for leaving his wife and his family like this. For abandoning his unborn child. For hurting my dad this way. Looking back at it now, I see that there were signs that started making sense only now. No one interpreted as a potential danger. I know that there is no one to blame, I can't stop thinking what if?

My parents really loved him... I can see it because I've never seen my dad so angry or my mom so scared... I didnt know him the way all of them did and im the only one who more or less understands why he did it and therefore I have to be there for my parents right now, but i don't know how.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County