When does it stop

jujugram2004

I lost my husband last year and 4 months after that I lost my mom. Then this year I lost one dog, then 2 weeks ago I lost another dog and today I had to put my cat toby down.

This is bad for me. I'm so tired of it. My chest is heavy for the pain for all of this. Just tired.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wendy_the_Pooh

I'm sorry. It must be hard. Such heavy losses. I hope you can find some quiet peace to comfort you a bit, so you can go on and maybe feel a little better, or at least have some of the heaviness lift.

Wendy

Save    
PRO
Nell Jean

It seems as if it never stops. We just keep going. It doesn't get better, but it does get different after a while.
What do you do for renewal, JUJU? Do you have hobbies, or family close by, or church? You have had so many losses in a short period of time. You've spoken before of anger. I hope you're laying that burden down.

Watch for notices of bereavement groups in your areas if you've not joined a group. Talking with others in person who've had recent losses is helpful sometimes, and the groups usually have counselors. Even if you've not had a family member in Hospice, your local Hospice grief group will be open to anyone who's had a loss, call them for information.

I'm sorry for your recent losses. Keep talking to us, too. We all have that common bond here.

Nell

Save    
CariJo

when does the constant death stop? It doesn't. I feel like Death is picking or about to pick off everyone I love. It's terrifying.

I am going through something similar, as I just learned a good family friend was killed in a single car accident. Gary had a wife and two six year old twin sons. He was a good father, (how will those boys ever heal? He was needed) and I will never forget his laugh and hanging out with him.

Seems like I have too much practice at grieving.

RIP, Gary.

Save    
des_arc_ya_ya

I understand. In 2001 I lost one of my favorite uncles, my dad, my best friend's mom (who was like a close family member), one of my best friends very suddenly and another favorite uncle. One death in February, one in May, two in September and one in November.

That's when the gray hair REALLY started showing up!

Save    
socks

Try to do things which lift your spirits. Listen to up-beat music, garden, call a friend or family member to say hello, spend time with children, go to a funny movie. Even though you orchestrate these things yourself, and maybe you aren't really in the mood, they can help. I'm so sorry for all your losses and heavy grief.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular When Does a House Become a Home?
Getting settled can take more than arranging all your stuff. Discover how to make a real connection with where you live
Full Story
Inside Houzz How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Fun Houzz 10 Truly Irritating Things Your Partner Does in the Kitchen
Dirty dishes, food scraps in the sink — will the madness ever stop?
Full Story
With over 30 years of experience in general contracting, Tin Cup Enterprises is a family owned and operated... Read More
Pond Roofing Company is a family-owned and operated business serving Northern Virginia residents for nearly 50... Read More