SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19762856

What a difference a few weeks makes! (Ultrasound pics included)

User
9 years ago

Hello Gardenweb Aunties (and Uncle Faron!):

Just a quick recap to begin:

We had our first ultrasound back when we were still under the care of our IVF doctor. I loved my "little blob" as soon as I saw her/him. (We had a scary preliminary ultrasound 11 days before this that showed an empty sac so seeing the "blob" was nothing short of a miracle. I think the doctor thought we were miscarrying at that point even though she never said it.)

Here is my most beautiful blob at 7 weeks pregnant:

We then had our NT scan and Panorama test about 6 weeks later at our regular OB/gyn office where we are just "regular" patients now (vs. the special treatment at the IVF center). We arrived bright and early to our OB's office. Once she hooked us up, the screen instantly lit up with a healthy flickering heartbeat, kicking legs and waving arms, but no jumping or twisting. More like "Mama, hi but I'm relaxing right now. :)" Baby Emerald, stubborn like his/her mom, refused to budge for the sonographer to do her pics and measurements. Mr. Emerald says the baby is all me right now. :) The sonographer had me lay on one side for 10 minutes, came back and the baby wouldn't budge. Prodded and poked a bit, baby just kicked and waved (it was cute but I was nervous!). I felt like he/she was acting like the Pillsbury Doughboy when the poking was going on, like it was a game to the baby! She turns me over again and leaves for 10 minutes. Same thing, no baby movement except for the kicks and waves taunting us! I nervously asked if this ever happened before and she replied "ALL.THE.TIME." as in "yep, this is perfectly normal to have an uncooperative baby when we need some neck measurements!"

Finally she got the measurements and the neck's highest was 1.8mm from the 3 measurements she did which is good and in normal range (praise God). (I honestly didn't see anything different in the baby's position so I'm not sure how she did it but I was glad she was satisfied.) As soon as she's done doing my file, Baby Emerald starts bouncing all around like "haha, now I'm awake and here for your entertainment!" It was so cute, I could have stayed all day watching the screen with the little cutie pie all active and rambunctious.

Here is the pic from that day, just under 13 weeks. So much like a real baby now than my sweet blob above!

I then went to the lab for the Panorama test and it takes 2 huge vials of blood for this test. You'd think I was used to the bloodwork after the past 2 years of IVF and cancer pokes but this one hurt! I was surprised how much they needed but once the poke is done, it's just waiting. So now we are in the 2 week wait for results. We choose to find out the gender so I can't wait for that first. I'm praying the chromosome tests and syndromes they are testing for are all routine results and hopefully we won't need to do an amnio afterwards.

I feel like I'm always waiting all the time and it's only been 3 months. I hope the next 6 months fly by as it's going to be a long summer and long fall if not. I did ask DH if we can get our Christmas decorations up now (half kidding!) but he said NO lol. He's been such a champion coping with my hormones, mood swings, anxiety. God bless him.

I still have no cravings or real pregnancy symptoms so it's still messing with my head as I have never thrown up, never refused food, nothing out of the ordinary except this bump growing slowly but surely. :) I haven't gained anymore weight (thank God) holding steady at the 30lbs more or less since the IVF cycle started so hopefully I can work around this for the next 6 months. Now that I'm off the progesterone shots my insatiable hunger has stopped for the most part, phew!

Thanks so much for always thinking of me and praying for us. I'm still very anxious about all of this and believing it's true. We haven't told anyone else except a few family members and 1 friend as I'm waiting for the test results so I might be able to relax and enjoy my little miracle. My doctors told me it would be a very anxious pregnancy with my nervousness, history, etc. but I assured them the positive test would answer all my prayers and my life would be perfect. Guess what...the doctors were right. :)

Please make sure you all tell me if I'm positing too much and boring you all to tears. I'm obsessed with all of this but try to not make it too obvious to others.

Comments (39)