SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophieliza

My sister committed suicide

sophieliza
16 years ago

I just stumbled into this forum after searching for information related to grief therapy. My 26 year old sister took her life 5 months ago. I know grief is hard to figure out, but I am a mess and I cry all the time. I was doing fine (as fine as one can after losing a loved one, i guess) the first few months, but I feel like I was just hit on the head with a ton of bricks. I miss her so much. I think I'm finally figuring out that she's gone and that there is nothing I can do to bring her back. I know these feelings are normal but it doesn't make it any easier to function. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that is trying to heal from a loved one's suicide. I have a lot of supportive friends and a wonderful husband but I don't want to bring them down into my sadness. I think they would be surprised to find out that I'm having a hard time months later. I'm pretty good at putting on an act of normalcy but I know that I will never be the same person I was. I just want it to get easier.

Comments (36)

Sponsored