Lost my daughter last Nov

beegood_gw

She was 43 and died very suddenly. We were so close as we were both single and our interests had much in commom. I miss her so very much and for any one to say it gets better I can tell you it doesn't for me.There is hardly a day goes by with out thinking of her and wishing she was back. I do have friends but nothing will ever fill this void. People have suggested councilling but that isn't for me as I am a very private person. It is my grief and I will have to deal with it and learn to cope.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sudiepav

Bless you. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Our son and granddaughter died nine years ago. I think it does get better over time, but the hurt and pain are yours (and mine) forever. God bless.

Save    
beegood_gw

Thank you. I think you are right it probably does get better over time and I will cope with it but as you also said the pain and hurt will be with us forever. And no amount of tears will bring them back.

Save    
lovingmemory

I have not lost a daughter however we have very good friends from football that have are dealing with the loss of an infant son. As a team, we all chipped in and bought both the parents a keepsake for some of their son's ashes. I'll try to attach the link at the bottom of the site that we used. The parents love the keepsakes - got the dad a football and the mom a pendant with a handprint. I know it has brought them some comfort. So sorry for your loss.

Here is a link that might be useful: Urn Jewelry

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Feel-Good Home Slow Down: The (Lost) Art of Laziness
Do you go to bed with to-do lists flashing through your head? Try one of these ideas to give yourself a break
Full Story
Most Popular 9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
Decorating Guides Simple Pleasures: Put Pen to Paper
Note writing a lost art? Not when you have a pretty selection of papers, a dedicated spot and the right frame of mind
Full Story