SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkiefer_gw

ordering wood floors from internet

jkiefer
17 years ago

Help, need advice or some personal experiences. I have shopped for months looking for wood flooring and finally have decided on Mannington Heritage hand scraped. I decided to check the internet and have found what I think a good price 8.39 sq ft. Went to my local capet store and told him my price and of course he said that was what he has to pay for it. Also tried to talk me out of ordering from internet and explaining all these nightmares he has heard from other people who want him to fix the problem. I had already talked to a contractor about doing the work and I think I trust him. Anyway, I am fixing to replace all my floors with tile, carpet and wood hopefully. I am just so torn right now as what to do about the wood. I am thinking I can use the local dealer to install carpet and tile and then order my wood from internet source. It is going to be expensive because I need at least 800'. Am I asking for problems, would I be safe to go with local dealer. I just can't justify though paying him 14.99 for the wood. Help if you have had any problems with wood floors and especially this one. I know nothing about his contractors until they show up at my house.

Comments (5)