SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onedogedie

Prologue Sink - A Cautionary Tale of Internet Ordering

onedogedie
13 years ago

I am in the midst of a fast kitchen install for my MIL apartment. I settled on the Kohler Prologue Sink as a way to have wood counters and still allow my mom to continue on using a dish towel to set her handwashed dishes on. I'm a fan of sinks with drainboards but the price difference of such an Elkay sink vs. this Kohler sink are baffling. I chose the Prologue over the Stages because...going from memory here ... I didn't want the hook underneath.

I chose Home Perfect as the online vendor. Pictures show the box as it looked when it arrived. Husband opened the box with a razor knife. There is a scratch in the SS. Husband is sure he didn't not apply enough force nor depth to the knife to cause the damage on the SS. Obviously someone else did.

So here is my lesson to you all. Do not count on the packaging to be sensible. You would think there'd be a piece of cardboard on top of the sink to protect it. Who knows if Kohler's original packaging had such.

I have not pursued the matter with Home Perfect. Should I? I did not inspect the inside of the box before signing for it so I would assume I am SOL.

Comments (8)