SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freedee_gw

Before you buy from Magnolia/Best Buy

freedee
15 years ago

You could walk into Magnolia and see all those comfy couches and really cool lighting and think, this is a place that treats their costumers with kid gloves. WRONG!!!

My husband bought a very expensive flat TV and lots of other stuff including two MX300 touch screen remotes. I've had sooo many problems. I've had problems with the other aspects of our interactions, but I'll just tell you what happened with the remote.

These remotes cost over $900.- each. The gentlemen who set them up for us were really nice guys, I just think that they weren't properly trained. When I kept having problems with them, they suggested that I get a simpler remote. With my service agreement, I was entitled to a replacement remote. I asked if I could get the cheaper, simpler remote in exchange instead. Several days later they called back and said it would be OK. Meanwhile I did a search on the remote model and happened to find someone who just programs remotes. This man works mostly for high end home theater installers. I called him and he told me not to get the simpler remote. He could set up this remote. He did set up my remote and now I understand why they are worth so much, he did a really great job.

To make a very long story short, after swearing that they had an exchange there for me, I had to keep coming in to find that they didn't have one. I bought a new one and they agreed to refund the replacement one when it was delivered to me. It was never delivered. They insisted that I received my replacement and that I was not entitled to another one. If my time was worth minimum wage, I think I spent more than $900. worth of time getting my refund. I told my story to 14 different employees, and spent hours on hold. I was guaranteed on Friday that I would be called on back on Tuesday, and was never called. I was getting near the point of letting it go...$900.-!!!!

The worst was the attitude as if I was trying to pull something on them. The manager finally apologized. End of story.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions