My Mom died today

ctforget

I found out this morning that my mother passed away after a 14 year battle with metastatic breast cancer, she was 53. I guess I am not sure how to feel.. My mother was sick for most of my life and was told she had stage 4 cancer soon after her diagnosis. The last few years have been extremely tough as her body weakened quite a bit and she was not longer able to walk on her own or drive a car, she truly lost all of her independence.

Some of my family/friends think I should be relieved that she is finally out of pain and in a better place. But I am going to miss her so much. I always knew she was sick, but she seemed to always pull through, even though it is naive she has been in hospice the last 6 months, her death has really shocked me.

I am relieved that she will no longer suffer, but I am selfish and still want her with me.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom when I was 26. Your Mom will always be with, your not being selfish at all, it's normal for us to want to keep our parents forever but life has others plans.

Save    
woh56

I'm sorry for your loss. So many thoughts will pass through. I hope you will write often. It certainly helps to clear the mind for awhile.

Save    
socks

I remember posting here when my mother died. It's so painful to type the words of the title, isn't it?

Losing a mother is heartbreaking. I understand what you are saying. People say "she's in a better place," but it sure doesn't help keep you from missing her every day.

Heartfelt condolences.

Save    
jessjoking81_yahoo_com

My mom will die today i just spoke to her last night. i think she knew she was going to die we joked about funeral arrangements and today i got a call from my sister who told me they had given her cpr twice since she went to the hospital. The doctor wants me to sign a dnr since i am the oldest . My mom is my best friend and i do not know what to do . I am flying to texas today where she is at since i live in n.c. but with no intention to make a decision until i get to see her and say goodbye. am i wrong or selfish for making her weight a lil longer. She is currently unconcious i do not know what i will do with out her

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering 10 Types of Clutter to Toss Today
Clear the decks and give the heave-ho to these unneeded items
Full Story
Decorating Guides Georgian-Inspired Elegance Lives on in Today's Homes
Classical design from a bygone era gives today's homes beautiful proportions, subtle color palettes and decorative architectural features
Full Story
Decorating Guides 1970s Style Finds Groove Today
The bright colors and unmistakable patterns of the '70s are swinging back into homes, but with modern flair for today's interior designs
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More