SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annova914

Mattress problem continues!

annova914
15 years ago

I'm at my wit's end. Back in February I purchased a queen sized firm (so I was told) mattress from Mattress Land in Fairfax. Within a few weeks there was a good sized indentation (& I'm not all that heavy :). After submitting photos, they (or Serta)admitted it was flawed & took it back & delivered another one which within a very short time also developed an indentation (these are also causing my lower back a lot of discomfort). Mattress Land sent a mattress inspector on 7/31/08 who pressed down on it and said it definitely was soft. I kept waiting to learn the results of the inspection and after calling a few times was told it would take 8 weeks. A few weeks ago I called & was told I'd get another mattress & this time the customer service rep would personally assure the right (firm) mattress would be delivered (he never answered my questions about the inspection). They delivered another mattress Saturday (oh & one of the delivery men said "this is the same mattress we just delivered" as he was hauling out the used mattress!) and by this morning I felt the beginning of an indentation and my lower back was aching. When I want to get out of bed I sorta have to pull on the side a little to better position myself to the edge of the mattress...really bizarre. What should be my next step? Obviously, the customer service rep for Mattress Land is jerking me around. Back in early spring I contacted the VA Atty Gen's consumer protection office & was told there wasn't much they could do about this problem...that I could file a complaint but it probably wouldn't go anywhere. I don't know what to do now.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH