SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

finally, the dream i have been waiting for

Ninapearl
13 years ago

for just over 3 years, i have begged and pleaded with my husband to come to me in my dreams. i have had only fleeting glimpses of him, many so vague i didn't even remember them till days later.

night before last, about 4 a.m., he strolled into my bedroom, shook me awake, told me happy new year, planted a big kiss right on my lips and held me tightly. i swear to God, i could feel his arms around me. he held my face in his hands as he so often used to do and he smiled from ear to ear, not saying a word. he didn't have to talk. i have so been wanting to know if he is well, happy. my dream told me what i wanted to know and gave me the vision of him i have been longing for. i saw the ever present twinkle in his eyes and he looked so good. even with photographs, i have been having a hard time remembering him before cancer ravaged his body. i have not been able to get the image out of my mind of how he looked when he died.

but now, i know. i know he's happy, i know he's healthy. i will carry this vision with me till the day i am reunited with him. i woke from my dream with a start, never in my life have i ever had a dream that was SO REAL! it took me a few seconds to realize it even WAS a dream. my prayers have finally been answered! :)

Comments (8)

Sponsored