SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Eye lid surgery

neetsiepie
13 years ago

Did you see It's Complicated, where she has the talk with the plastic surgeon and he talks about cutting into the hairline and putting in staples? Is that really true??

I've finally gotten the green light to see a surgeon about this issue and it being deemed 'medical' (thus insurance paying for it) since my peripheral vision is impacted by my saggy, baggy eyelids. I sometimes have to pull up on my forehead to be able to see ok!!

Has anyone had this surgery done and what were your experiences? I'm really looking forward to not having so many headaches, blurry vision and a perma-scowl, but kind of leery of staples in my head!

Comments (53)

• dilly_dally
    13 years ago

My friend's mother had the surgury done and all they did was remove tissue around the eyes since it was affecting her ability to see.

The staples in the hairline thing is what is done for a brow lift although I had always read they use screws put into the bone.

Obviousl every case is individualized and the doctor will inform the patient what is to be done. different doctors have different techniques and a second opinion may yield a different answer.

• lv_r_golden
    13 years ago

Do you mean "Ptosis"? That is a droopy eyelid due to a muscle failure, rather than extra skin? Generally, this is in only one eye, and you even see it in babies and young children. My right eye developed it a few years ago and I had surgery (covered by insurance) to correct it.

Few doctors can fix Ptosis - I forget what they are called, but they are an eye surgeon/plastic surgeon combination. In all of San Diego county, there are only 8 of them.

To fix it, they cut just above the eyelashes, pull out the muscle and shorten it (remove some) and stitch it back up. This is all done while you are semi-awake so you can open/close/etc. The results were great but I looked really beat on that side for a month afterward.

I have worn contacts ever since I was 21 and they invented the first soft lenses. This may have led to the problem.

• Related Discussions

Lasik Eye Surgery?

Q

Comments (52)
    Still VERY happy. I can see better than I did with my glasses, but sometimes my vision isn't as good, although still great (especially if I'm due to put the eyedrops in). The doc said that was normal and it would take about 4 weeks to completely stablize. If I go out at night and look at a sign that's lit up, I have a hard time reading that, and that's also normal, along with halos around headlights which will last for a few weeks. Lars, I'm going to be 45 in March (I think your brother and I share the same bday ;). I am starting to see a difference in my nearsightedness, which started about six months ago. I haven't really had to use reading glasses in the past, but before the surgery, I would flip my regular glasses up to read something small. Now I just hold it out at about half an arm's length and I can see it clearly. I tried my dollar store reading glasses this morning and I could see well to read the back of a medicine container. I went into this knowing it wouldn't help me if I needed reading glasses. Yes, I really do feel like it's a miracle!
    ...See More

Quality of life after eye surgery...

Q

Comments (13)
    I treated my Akita for 2 years for glaucoma - 3 different eye drops twice a day - for a whopping $300/month. Then one weekend, the pressure just went to hell. By Monday afternoon, both her eyes had been removed. She was almost blind anyway & I just wanted to stop the pain. I was an absolute wreck about it - but decided I would not let her know how upset I was. Once her cone of shame came off, she was terribly depressed. I would force her to get up 3-4 times a day. We would walk the house - determine where things were. I laid down a couple different types of carpeting (like down the hall & in the kitchen) so she would know where she was, etc. Two years later (Kita is now 11 years old) - other than the fact that she doesn't run anymore (also has some arthritis), you wouldn't know she was blind. She knows where she's going & what she wants to do when she gets there. Was the best decision I've ever made to have her eyes removed. A couple of months ago, we moved from a ranch home to a two story. I was very concerned about Kita & the steps. Only took her two days to master the steps. Obviously I was worried about nothing. I chose to have her eyelids sewn shut - they put a silicone ball in the socket so the lids don't sink in. She just looks like her eyes are closed. It is a hard decision to make - but the best decision is the one that takes away your baby's pain. You might want to check around for pricing for this surgery. I had it done in the Nashville, TN area & surgery for both eyes was less than $1000. Good Luck to all of you & best wishes.
    ...See More

i am an old member...eye surgery, anxiety

Q

Comments (25)
    Dorie...I will be thinking and praying for you TUES. and without a doubt I will check back to see how it went, but planning on breakfast with hubby right after sounds like you are planning on having a good time no matter what...LOL! nanny98...I get anxious just thinking about a cat scan or anything like it! I was envisioning such procedures last week trying to practice what it may be like and couldn't get through the practice. :( sleeperblues, justgotabme and louiseab...I've never taken anything for my anxiety...I avoid everything I can (ending up a real homebody!) I did take some Bach's Rescue Remedy the day of my pre-op tests as I was even dreading those, for goodness sakes! socks12345....I am going to call my Primary Dr. and see if she can give me something and I'll call the Eye Clinic and see how close to the surgery I can take it, too. I'll do that a first thing Tues. ruthieg, grandmamary, phoggie, liz_ga and tami_ohio...thanks for all the well-wishes and encouragement...it help, really! (Tami...I know about being close and never getting together...like I said I'm pretty much a homebody and only go when absolutely have to or on a good day for me. Thanks for asking, though.) ont_gal...I will be back to let ya all know how it went as soon as I'm seeing and feeling good enough to do so! Thanks again, everyone! Reminder for prayers: Fri. the 5th: right eye and Fri. the 19th left eye (and ANXIETY most of all!) nola_anne
    ...See More

I just found posts on the eye surgery...

Q

Comments (9)
    I just had both eyes done in June.Piece of cake! I was afraid of having a panic attack too but they gave me a valium before taking me into the surgery area.I was aware of him doing something with my eye but kind of out of it.He had some trouble removing the lense because the cataract was so bad and I could tell he was having a problem but I was calm the whole time.Didn't feel a thing.You will do fine.You should tell him if you are prone to anxiety attacks though so they are aware.I had a little nap before they took me back but after that was aware of what he was doing.Another lady that had her's the same day told me the next day that she was out the whole time and went home and slept till next morning! So I guess the medication affects everyone differently.
    ...See More
  • neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh I need the brow lift and the eye lids done. My mom had her lids done years ago but mine is much worse than lids. My eyebrows are actually below my brow bone. Even if I open my eyes wide I still have no upper lid area. My eyelashes are covered with skin! This is why I no longer wear make up. I used to have long, full lashes but you can't tell anymore.

DH says I look mean because I've got this scowl from the droopy forehead. Years ago I had to have TMJ surgery and they made by my ears and I asked the doc if he could just do a bit of nipping & tucking while he was at it, but alas, no. My destiny is to have droopy skin ;

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

I had my eyelids done (blepharoplasty) a few years ago. Best thing I ever did -- well, Lasik was pretty awesome too.

Heredity is stacked against my peepers - saggy eyelids, glaucoma, etc. I simply did it sooner rather than later so I could enjoy it.

And I have. Recovery was a snap, but I've also had two c-sections so the eyelids were a walk in the park from my perspective! :)

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

I had mine done 7 years ago also had the bags under my eyes removed. It was painless. The worst part was keeping ice on it. If you have bags that you are planning on having done, you should also consider laser to tighten the skin under your eyes. You will be so happy with the results.

• susan209
    13 years ago

I had upper and lower lids done when I was about 65 and the best thing I've done, no pain, nothings..........result PRICELESS! My Opthomologist did mine, not a plastic surgeon. He also used the side vision as the reason so that the Medicare would pay for it. Do yourself a favor.

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Lucky you that your insurance will pay for it. Really doesn't matter what they do, you will be asleep and when you awake, it will have been well worth it!

Best of luck. Oh, and don't forget to ask for pain meds, you will probably need them for a couple of days.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I don't have Ptosis, but have the beginning of sagging uppers due to age.. and some say migraines aggravate it. I am actually have surgery (not insurance covered) by one of the top surgeons in the US. on the 29th. He was one of two from my area that invented the endoscopic brow lift back in the 90s.

He makes three small incisions about an inch back in the hairline - upper side, center, upper side. They are closed with stitches. This is part of my 50th birthday present to myself. The kids can't believe I don't want a surprise party instead. I'd rather be recuperating - they all know I hate surprises!

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Back in my single days, I was the scrub nurse for a plastic surgeon in the Ft. Lauderdale area. The procedure for a Blepharoplasty, is just as Carol described it. This is almost always a day surgery, done in a clinic and is done under local anesthesia. The patient is usually given a mild tranquilizer beforehand to calm her/him down a bit more. The physician I worked for also used nitrous oxide (laughing gas) which was administered while he was numbing the patients. It was really a fairly pain-free procedure. Post-op, the patient had dark purple bruising of the eyelids for a week or so, which gradually faded to green/yellow and then disappeared.

One very important thing you need to remember to do afterwards, is to keep a good sunblock on that scar area for at least 3 months. Any surgical scar exposes some new skin which will sunburn much easier than the rest of your skin. A sunburned scar can turn brown and take years to fade.

The procedure you mentioned, cutting into the hairline and using staples is either a brow (forehead) lift or part of a major face lift. With the face lift, there's usually (unless their procedure has changed since I scrubbed, which is totally possible)an incision from the hairline of both temple areas, traveling down in front of the ears and ending behind each ear.
    As for the staples, I haven't worked in plastic surgery for years, but when I did, they routinely used staples on face lifts. We actually used a surgical staple remover, which works just like the one you may keep in your desk at home, except it's made to be autoclaved (sterilized in a machine that uses high heat), they last longer . . . and costs a lot more, too! Surgical staples are not usually painful to remove; more of a mild discomfort, if anything.
    Lynn

• User
    13 years ago

Ok, I have to admit since seeing this thread I've been secretively checking out everyone's eyelids including my own! Mom has hooded lids. DH does but it appears his eyes have a certain shape to them that doesn't help. I can see someday I might have to battle this too. :( I honestly never realized it could interfere with vision.

Good luck with your surgery Pesky! I'm sure you'll feel much better once it's over with.

• OllieJane
    13 years ago

I have been wanting mine done also. My mom just had hers done for the 2nd time, her first was when she was in her 40's. I couldn't believe how much bluer my moms eyes and how much more they stand out now that she's had it done. She looks really good! I have inherited my moms sagging eyelids.

I am thinking about the brow lift. That would be a nice present to myself on my 50th too!

I am also trying to decide what to do about fattening up my lips without it being too noticeable. Is there such a thing?

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I have no lips, inherited from my paternal grandmother, but they don't bother me. I know someone who works for a lady dermatologist in SF. She said the secret is to use a doctor that says he doesn't like "overdone" lips, and the best current product (in their opinion) is Juvederm. "Way better than Restylane. Last longer, made by the makers of Botox. They also have one with numbing in the solution, I believe. Def do a dental block if going in the lips and take Arnica tabs a day prior and after to reduce swelling."

Remember, you can always go back and add more, but you can't take it out once in!

• runninginplace
    13 years ago

My SIL had her eyelids done a few years ago. As lynne explained, it was an outpatient procedure and from what my SIL says, not terribly painful or traumatic.

And what a difference! She doesn't look like she has "had work done" but it opened up her eye area and she just looks prettier. For those who feel they need it, seems like a procedure that can make a nice and ego-boosting positive change in appearance.

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

Okay.....so what's a ballpark cost of having your eyelids done? Even though I wear glasses, I think this would give me a more 'awake' look...

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I may be having more done than my eyelids ;) , so I don't have a breakdown. My best/worst guess would be +/- 3K.

• rucnmom
    13 years ago

I was dxed w/idiopathic ptosis a few years ago. Basically I woke up one day and one eyelid droopped. I had CAT scan, xrays, MRI and the docs could never figure out why. My blepharoplasty was deemed medically necessary so insurance paid. I actually had it 2X because I was "undercorrected" the first time around.

The key to recovery as someone else mentioned is icing. Seriously, make up snack baggies of frozen peas - they contour to your face - as soon as you get to your vehicke for the ride home. I brought a cooler of baggies for my second surgery.

Had my procedure at Massachusetts Eye and Ear - very pleased with the result.

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

Just wanted to share my experience.

My friends and I are into this stuff. We're in our middle to late 50's. We decided to go down with a little fight. Gracefully but with a little fight. I think we a pretty cool since we stay physically fit. Physically fit does not mean we can stop our skin from sagging. Boy, I hate menopause for that reason!

My upper and lower eyes were done by a cosmetic surgeon who is also an ophthamalogic surgeon 7 years ago and very highly regarded in Philadelphia and NJ for both eye and cosmetic eyelid surgery. It was painless. Don't hesitate to do this under general anesthesia and save yourself a lot of money. They give you funny pills and by the time you get there you are out there.

Last year I had Laser on the lower lids and fat transfer into my cheeks and lower jaw under local. Again painless. The worst part was 2 days of ice on the laser treated areas. I looked a lot worst than I felt. I went to a cosmetic surgeon who I knew was aggressive, who's work I have seen on more than one person (people I know personally and don't know each other), and would not make me look like I had a plastic face.

So, the moral of the story is, go for it. It's such a great ego boost to look better than others at your age. Just turned 58 and people still think I am in my early-mid 40's.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Allison! How did I miss this?! You are so young to be having this done! I'm just a year or so behind you. Glad to see you're over your rash and can continue on with your surgery.

You gals had me looking in the mirror, stretching this way and that, checking out my eyelids. LOL!! Apparently I do not have the droop!

I dunno how I feel about plastic surgery. I'm blessed with good bones and skin, and have no need for an *ego boost* or looking better than others my age. I'm frequently told I look younger than my age, but both my parents do too, so I guess it's all in the genes. I do want to age gracefully and look my best, but I'm happy in my skin - at this point.

Pesky - sorry to have gotten so off topic. I wish you the best with your surgery, so glad you have gotten the green light. Best of luck and let us know what happens!

tina

• allison0704
    13 years ago

;D Tina. I started melting!

The eye part is not so bad. I'm very bruised and swollen - think baseball bat to face. Not as painful as I thought it would be, but I am taking my pain meds when it's time. Ice feels good. Sleeping in recliner for awhile.

The nurses all said I looked really good after surgery. Said they've seen much worse. My left ear is very numb, should be temporary, but could last awhile. We'll see when swelling goes down.

• OllieJane
    13 years ago

allison, SO GLAD you are home and recovering! So, it sounds like you got a brow lift, maybe? That is what I am interested in, not JUST and eyelid surgery. How long did they tell you it would be before the swelling and bruising goes away?

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I had an endoscopic brow lift and upper eye lid. Most of it will be gone in a few weeks, but some numbness and swelling can last up to six months. Pictures I saw beforehand had women looking "normal" again within a month. Looked great after 9 weeks.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'll be anxiously following your story Allison! I'm hoping to hear from the surgeon soon.

• leahcate
    13 years ago

Count me in as an avid follower, Allison. You've always been so generous sharing with decor info, and now here with even more important decorating! :>) I had a consult re. upper and lower bleph, but not the endo brow lift. Very interested to hear how that compares to the more intense version of old. No chance of ending up with that surprised Kenny Rogers look with the endo job, I assume! I am such a chicken, but hearing about experiences here is stiffening my spine. I hate my deep hollows/circles under the eyes far more than the droop above. Having surgery in the office bothers me a bit, as there is no one to count on but the doc and nurse assistant. That is common practice, I know. The scariest to me is the anesthetic, and felt better learning my doc uses the same mild thing given for a colonoscopy. Thanks, again, to all of you for sharing your stories...Allison, Heal quickly! Do, please keep us up on your progress! Many thanks!

• golddust
    13 years ago

I swear, recent photos make me look like I am squinting through eyes that are disappearing - fast! I can't open them wide enough anymore to even capture me. My eyes have become mere slits in my face.

My sunglasses have been a savior. Oye. (I'm listening.)

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Pesky, have you seen the surgeon yet? From reading, looks like no.

Today is Day 4 after surgery. They called the end of last week and asked if I could move it from Tuesday to Monday. Surgery was just over 4 hours. Came home Tuesday morning.

I can't say I'm in pain, it's more just being uncomfortable at times. DH and DD2 both said to me today that my swelling is going down. She had not seen me since Tuesday afternoon.

I was given Lortab, 1 or 2 every 4-6 hours. I haven't taken 2 at once since Tuesday night/bedtime. If I don't take one every 4 or 5 hours, I start feeling the stitches/incisions.

I did have a few staples along with the stitches but they took those out before sending me home. Doctor doesn't want to see me until Day 9.

I was told to shower/wash my hair when I got home. That was easier than I expected. I'm wearing one of those bandages that goes around your neck, chin, then up/over the head.

Eating a lot of chicken and rice soup, jello and pudding. Was surprised I don't want to open mouth more than enough to let spoon in/near. Hurts to talk too much/long and chew. My left ear is numb. Right, not so much. Internet and doctor's office when they called to check on me said this is normal and could last for several months until all feeling is back. Doesn't hurt, just feels weird.

Beginning yesterday, when I run my finger across my eyebrows, I can feel my nerve ending reacting to it across my forehead and up into my hair.

Sleeping in a recliner. My dad told me to bring home some gloves, fill with water so that they are about 1/4 inch. They contour easily around face.

btw, I'm not up at 3am due to pain/surgery. Deer in backyard + dogs = wake up.

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

Allison, you will be so pleased and smiling when you are finished healing. You will probably go buy some new eye make-up or wear less. Good Luck

leachate.

Upper and lower lid surgery is pretty easy in the physicians office and acutally some Drs offer local anesthesia which is what I had for my lids, upper and lower. It was painless. Healing depends on how easily you bruise in general. Not sure if you Dr. mentoned laser for you lower lids. It tightens them and prevents the skin from looking pouchy. I just had the laser done 1 yr ago. I wish I would have done it at the time.

I remember having minor pain after the anesthetic wore off, taking a pill and going to sleep. That was the last of the pain. Laser did not hurt at all. That was done locally also and with the Date Rape Pill. The worst part of laser was the ice compresses for 48 hours.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Allison, I have heard a brow lift can take your hairline back an inch sometimes. Is that true? Probably not in your case though.

Question? Did you have it done in Alabama? My lids need to be done top and bottom. My cousin had her's done here in Alabama and she looks really sleepy, not good. While my younger cousin (57) out in Palm Springs looks more natural.

It's so funny, I was just thinking today I need to have this done, an eye lift that is.

Speedy recovery Allison and Happy 50th. That's right your a cancer you did just have a birthday.

....Jane

Shee your way to young yet to have plastic surgery.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

jerseygirl, I've never been big into makeup or clothes. I never wear eye shadow. Have never used eye liner. I"m pretty low key when it comes to both. I'm a Lauren RL or Territory Ahead and Bobbie Brown kind of gal.

newdawn, it did not take my hairline back an inch. Doesn't look like it moved it at all. I'm not sure how it could since there are three cuts and not one long cut. Mine was endoscopic. Yes, the doctor located at Kirklin and the surgery was done at Highlands. You can email me through GW and I'll give you his name/number.

Haven't had my birthday yet - it's the 4th.

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

Boy, I've been pretty loopy and managed to miss all this. Happy birthday, Allison. Hope you're feeling well. Sometimes five or six days post-op is the toughest. Not sure if that's true for cosmetic stuff, too, but don't see why not. Hope all is well. In fact, happy 4th to everyone!

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh Allison! Glad to hear you're doing well. I hadn't heard from the doc, so I called on Thursday and will hear from the surgeons office this coming week. The gal I spoke with said their first open appointment was in August, but she sent a message to the Dr's assistant for an earlier one. So hopefully soon!

Will you have to take time off work? I've got to schedule around my workload...I can do office stuff from home, but obviously field work will have to wait.

About 7 years ago I had to have TMJ surgery and it sounds like it was similar to what you had done recovery wise. I looked all puffy and was loopy a couple of days, obviously couldn't eat...but recovery was super fast. I joked with the doc at that time that maybe he could do a tuck or two, haha.

Take it easy and if you can, post pix of your lovely features!!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Thanks, Kitchendetective. Today has been a good day, other than getting up too early!

Pesky1, DD2 has had TMJ surgery twice (once on each side) and before those a jaw extension. I would say all of those were way worse than this.

We are self employed and anything I do is out of the house, so that has not been a problem for me. I just talked to a good friend of mine who works in cancer research. She has been talking to my surgeon about her eyes (had no idea!). He did her tummy tuck years ago and she has nothing but excellent things to say about him. She was thinking two weeks off would be what she would want to take off - she would do eyes and facelift/neck. Light duty week three. Another friend sent photo of week three after eyes/lift and she looked normal to me.

Don't think I will be posting pictures. A bit too personal for me. I'd have to say the stitches above the eyes (none below) are nothing. I don't even "feel" them. I'm a gorgeous (said sarcastically) shade of yellow and the blue is working it's way down from below the eyes.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

btw, even after surgery I was TDO (totally decorating obsessed). I was in the new wing of hospital and my room was painted a pretty teal green and had 5" wide pre-finished hardwood flooring in a walnut finish. ;D

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Pesky, you mentioned the movie It's Complicated in your first comment. Didn't you just love that movie? I loved her life, her house, her friends, her pastry shop. And Alec Baldwin was just hysterical in it, I laughed my A-- off. If any of you haven't seen it yet, you must. It's on DVD right now and ya'll will love it. It's OUR kind of movie, trust me, it's a decorator's dream movie.

....Jane

Speedy recovery Allison and good luck Pesky.

• natal
    13 years ago

Jane, I enjoyed the movie too, but had no clue why she needed a new kitchen.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I loved her kitchen too natal, especially her bar stools. Now all I can think of is duplicating those stools. I loved her kitchen but I think she wanted cabinets (and lots of them) to put her stuff away. I imagine after a while seeing dishes and pots displayed would get tiring.

Here I go highjacking again. Picture of It's Complicated" kitchen below.

{{gwi:1511278}}

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No problem hijacking the thread. I LOVED that movie. DH thought Alec Baldwin was a hoot (I suspect because he's a big man, like my DH). Her garden is what got me...oh my gosh, a dream!!

Allison, I understand the no photos...ok, I will just imagine you looking like a dewey ingenue! My TMJ surgery was a result of a car accident...previous to that I'd never had a problem, but when I hit my head in the accident, it knocked the little 'cushions' off my jaw bones and they had to be replaced. Good to know the eye surgery isn't nearly as intense!

• natal
    13 years ago

Pesky, dream is a good description since it wasn't real, lol.

I loved the pot smoking and computer/bedroom scenes!

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Oh Natal tell me your kidding, my gosh I thought this was real. What I meant to imply was if someone had an open kitchen like that, it might get old smarty pants. (lol)

Now back to eye lid surgery, again sorry to highjack.

.....Jane

• natal
    13 years ago

Jane, I was referring to the garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: The dirt on the It's Complicated garden

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Oh Natal I'm sorry and I did read about the garden, someone posted that before. I'm not feeling so hot today and for some reason I took your comment wrong, so sorry.

....Jane

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Update: Got stitches out today. An hour and a half! Take a half of a pain pill before you go.....The eye lids were THE worst part. Four times it felt like a bee stinging. :(

I'm still purple and yellow. Oh, so yellow. Doctor said everything looks great. Bruising should be totally gone in another ten days.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

You can always update your photo at Atticmag - and we can check out the new you!

Bet you are glad today is over!

Happy belated b-day -

tina

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The surgeon had a cancellation so I get to go in for my consult on Friday afternoon! I am trying to schedule my work meetings but it's all on hold till I know when I'll be stitched up.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Good for you Allison, your going to feel and look great. You didn't have any problems at all, did you?
    Good luck Pesky tomorrow afternoon.

....Jane

• allison0704
    13 years ago

That's great, Pesky1!

None at all, Jane. Still bruised and swollen, but spent ten hours with DD2 today looking for her wedding dress and meeting with flower/decoration lady. I got a lot of quick, second looks. I think people are trying to decide if I was in a car accident or beaten up. Only one gal who is in nursing school and "watches all the Discovery Channel surgery shows" knew the truth. lol

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Oh how wonderful, your daughter is getting married and you shopped for ten hours? You must be feeling pretty good, that's great.

I don't know if it is still there, and I don't even know the name of it. But there use to be a fabulous floral shop in Homewood on the curve, I think it use to be near The Pink Tulip, gosh he could do unbelievable things with flowers. Of course you know he cost big bucks I'm guessing, yes you know he does. It's been a while since I shopped over there and I bet The Pink Tulip is long gone.

....Jane

Good luck!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Dorothy McDaniels is at the end of Hwy280. Blooms is just up the hill towards Vulcan. The one on the curve (which is gone now) has been gone for awhile.

We drove to Jasper to look at dresses, then back to meet flower/decorator at wedding/reception location. So not all shopping. She drove. The day did wear me out!

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Sounds like your on top of everything and I bet you were wore out. I know I would have been, geez.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Saw the surgeon. Dang it...I need the eyebrow lift, but insurance won't cover it. She does a procedure where there is an incision made at the eyebrow and pulled up, but she says it leaves visible scars and is not recommended for women.

So she's going to refer me to another surgeon who does a type of brow lift that is done thru the eyelids. She doesn't know if it will work for me, but insurance WILL pay for that procedure. I guess I'll talk to them and see what my options are. Not sure what it would cost for the list, if insurance doesn't pay...but I NEED it done!!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Sorry, Pesky. How can a browlift be done through the eyelids? ??? What about an endoscopic browlift? Maybe you need to fly to Bham and see my doctor. ;)

I'm beginning to think they left in some stitches. DH said no, but he hasn't looked. The OCD in me has me feeling behind the ears. I'm not picking, but it's hard. I'm one of those that loves to peel skin of someone when sunburned. ;D I go back in a few week.