SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyjo_gw

Need help on deciding on Smith Brothers sofa -long

joyjo
16 years ago

I purchased a Smith Brothers leather sofa yesterday and another much cheaper leather sofa that is made by LIU. I was told this is a knockoff of Natuzzi.

First, does anyone know of LIU? I was told it was made in Italy, but searches on the web only bring me to China importers. I told the salesman I definitely did not want anything made in China.

I am concerned now about the color of the Smith Brothers sofa. The lighting in the store was strange. There were spotlights over the sofa and it had a reddish tone to it, but the chairs right next to it looked brown even though they were the same color. I have burgundy carpeting and am concerned the sofa is going to clash with the carpeting.

I was going to pick another brown leather with darker brown swirls to better match the recliner I now have in the living room. After picking the swatch I wanted I went back and looked at the sofa and really like that color. Also, the salesman said the swatch I picked was a grade better than what was on the sofa. I'm afraid if I go with a different color the sofa will look completely different.

I told the store this morning not to put the order in for the sofa until I come back this week and talk to one of their leather experts since the salesman I had didn't know much as far as the different leathers.

So, if I stay with the sofa with the red tones would an area rug be enough to break up the color? Will it look too strange to have a recliner in a completely different style and a different color? The leather recliner has the pillow arms and I hate the look, but DH wanted it.

Comment