SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julien_gw

Furniture in small guest bedroom

julien
17 years ago

I am trying to decide about a dresser and nightstand(s) for a small guest bedroom. Storage is not really an issue. I already have a queen bed in the room and have ordered a simple metal headboard.

My room is about 10'8" x 13' overall, but because of the location of the door, closet doors, window, and an architectural feature (I don't know what to call it but it is kind of the opposite of a bump-out; it is named "square" on the floorplan) in one corner of the room, I think I am pretty limited in my furniture placement options.

I was looking at one collection, but the smallest footprint chest of drawers or dresser available has a 62" width. I don't want to block any of the light from my only window, so the only place I can put this dresser is on the wall at the foot of the bed. The problem is that this only leaves about 2' of space between the bed and the dresser. This seems too crowded to me. A furniture salesperson told me 18" is the minimum. I'm attaching a link to my floorplan.

The other option I have is to buy a taller but narrower chest of drawers and place those next to the window (on the left). I feel like this is better in terms of my floorplan, but I'll have to choose different furniture.

I'd appreciate any opinions about this. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: BR floorplan

Comments (3)