SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turtlexings

Small bedroom furniture ideas?

Sarah
3 years ago

I'm conflicted on what type of bed and nightstand we should use and would greatly appreciate Houzz's input. I purchased a lovely vintage Milo Baughman bookmatched walnut dresser and am unsure what bed + nightstand would go well without stealing the show.
We like minimalist but cozy. We'd like to update the bed frame and nightstand but I'm bad at picturing what would work best.
We use a small bedroom as our master, it's 10.5ft x 11ft. The bed is tucked into the corner with one nightstand on the right.
Constraints:
-Small space so want to keep it feeling bright and light
-Hide any wires (lamp, cell chargers)
-Comfortable headboard for sitting in bed to read
-Nightstand ideally would have one drawer, an area to place books, and not be so delicate a glass of water can't sit on it
-No VOCs or synthetic foam/fibers, solid wood or metal or wool materials
I'm guessing a light wood/material so the room isn't too dark; solid birch or ash with clear stain perhaps? We have baltic birch as well as natural ash furniture in our guest bedroom which looks nice. Or wood slats? Or powder coated metal? Fabric headboards look lovely but I'm not 100% sold on keeping them clean, though we're not against them.
Should the nightstand be attached to the headboard to hide wires or would that look too chonky in a small room?
I'm happy to order something custom from a woodworker or buy existing or vintage. No specific budget, maybe $6k?
Input would be really helpful!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm