SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vdinli

Flooring for basement-Laminate vs Marmoleum?

vdinli
16 years ago

Hi! This is my first post here. I spent all weekend reading up old posts..lots of info..my head is spinning! LOL!

I was wondering if you would weigh in on what would work better for a basement playroom-floating laminate or marmoleum over a concrete floor?. We have never had standing water in the basement over the last two yrs though there is some evidence of past damage. We do run the dehumidifier in the summer. So we need to plan for the unexpected.

I like the fact that marmoleum will feel soft and it comes in different colors that i can mix-match. However, at 12$/sqft and more than 500sqft, I am thinking whether it is worth it. Also, I have other areas in the basement(laundry room, closets, DH's workshop) that would need to coordinate with this floor. I def cannot afford put marmoleum over the entire floor! Any other options I should consider? I have ruled out carpet, hardwoods or ceramic for obvious reasons. I am not so familiar with the different kinds of vinyl, laminate flooring available. Anybody care to point me to a primer-website/book?

Thanks for all your help!

Vinaya

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor