SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebody_gw

hardwood floor finishes, curing time

homebody
9 years ago

Summer 2011, had white oak installed in 1st floor kitchen, hall, powder room to match existing oak elsewhere by reputable firm with great reviews. 1 coat Glitsa--semi-gloss was recommended. 2nd coat was to be satin--came home to find another shiny floor! So 3rd coat satin, but that had murky whitish spots, so down went a 4th coat. Unfortunately, a guest brought a dog to a party shortly after it was finished, so the scratch saga began. Seems like everything made scratches in the floor, and i got it because I had it previously and loved it. installer finally suggested maybe i had a brittle batch, and they would redo. Waited a long time; finally had them redo yesterday, all but the family room area two steps down from kitchen, since it didn't need it. When floor guy said, "semi gloss?" I said, "No, satin." "There are all kinds of finishes." "Well, just make this finish match the family room--satin". Came home again to SHINY, PLUS SWIRL MARKS and some footprints! I am sick. Guy wants to redo this week. Considering Glitsa takes 2 weeks to cure, I am VERY wary of redoing so soon, as believe I should wait that 2 weeks before having them scuff up the floor again. I did call to reschedule, but will take any information you experts have regarding this matter. At this point, I wish I hadn't had the floor done again. Thanks.

Comments (7)