SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzie315

Nichols & Stone Glass Top Table Stability

lizzie315
17 years ago

About 1 1/2 years ago, I purchased a Nichols and Stone glass top table with an iron base (called their hospitality table) that I had seen in a local parade of homes...it is beautiful. After we got it and as time went on, the table became more and more wabbly to the point that we had company for dinner and our friend asked if he had broken the table. When everyone leans on the table, cut their meat, etc, the table leans drastically from side to side and all over the place...your drinks slosh back and forth in your glasses to the point of almost spilling (no joke). I contacted my dealer and Nichols and Stone, who after I sent them a video of the table rocking back and forth have decided to replace it with a wooden top and more solid base table (thank God for a company that actually stands behind their product!!!). I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this table or this problem with any other table. My dealer has told me that he has never heard of such a thing. It's extremely noticable.

Comments (2)