SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veerasam

Garage opener: 3 screws, 4 clicks and 5 blinks

veerasam
16 years ago

My craftsman 1/2 hp opener (back-panel part# 41A5021-2D) has a similar problem of 5 blinks and no movement: pressing the button on the remote gives a click sound on the opener unit and 2 seconds later another click. No other sound or movement. My problem is different from many other posters in that the garage door is in the closed position. I cannot find out how the opener responds in the opened-door position, since I have been unable to operate the opener at all.

Per Don's recommendations on this forum, I played around with the up and down screws on the opener. I noticed that when the Down screw is above a certain point, the opener makes 4 clicks, and below that point the opener makes 2 clicks.

When I opened the cover of the opener unit, it looks like the up and down screws may or may not make contact with a center screw, depending on their position. The center screw and the contacts are visible only when cover is opened. The up-screw is nowhere near making contact with the center screw. But the down screw is close to makign contact with the center screw.

When I turn the down screw so that the down screw does not make contact with the center screw, and press the remote, I hear 4 clicks. When I turn the down screw in the opposite direction so that the down screw makes contact with the center screw, and press the remote, I hear 2 clicks.

I have no clue what is going on with the clicks and the 5 blinks. Help!

Comments (5)