SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
n2cookin

Graduation Announcements

n2cookin
11 years ago

It is that time of year when I receive graduation announcements from relatives, etc. I received 3 in the past month. I always send a sweet card and usually a $ gift card in return. This year I couldn't help but have my feelings hurt as all 3 announcements were addressed with our names incorrect. Really? Would this be the graduates fault or their parent's?

Announcement #1 was addressed to Mr and Mrs Jane Doe. Does the kid not know their uncle's name is John? He's their only uncle. His name is not Jane, that's me.

Announcement #2 was addressed to Jane Smith and John Doe. Hmmm, they attended our wedding 11 yrs ago, wouldn't I finally be Jane Doe?

Announcement#3 was addressed to Mr & Mrs John Dow. How do you misspell the family name?

Do the parents not proof these before they are sent out or do people just not care? We see all these relatives every year at Christmas, so it's not like we are strangers. Anyone else have this problem? Like I ssid, I will send a nice gift and be the better person, but its still hurtful that you know me well enough to send me an announcement, but not well enough to know my name?

Comments (30)