SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Trip to the spa. Facials... to keep the skin puurdy?

User
13 years ago

I have a spa gift certificate from Christmas I want to use. I was going to get a couple different massages but now I'm thinking I might get a facial with part of the money. I remember this was brought up before but I can't find the post now. Someone here was talking about they wish they would've started getting facials sooner? Mitch, was it you? Can someone expand on that more? What types are recommended? Even if I don't really "need" them yet I'm curious.

The ones that look more interesting on their site are:

*Deluxe European Facial- A customized facial that includes cleansing, exfoliating, and hydration of the skin while incorporating relaxing massage of the face, neck, and shoulders.

*Anti Aging Facial

Provides antioxidants to help eliminate free radical damage and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

*Alpha Hydroxy Facial.

A skin re-surfacing treatment to help retexture dull, devitalized skin and acts as a topical re-surfacing to reduce pigment and fine lines.

Of course, the descriptions are meant to be appealing to the customer so I want to have an idea what you guys thought? Hoping I'm not just reading the warm and fuzzies and it would actually be worth the time and money. My skin isn't dull so I'm assuming I should skip the alpha hydroxy one.

I don't smoke or drink, I take vitamins, am working out, eating right, and drinking 3 tons of water a day. I do know those factors along with genetics and sunscreen play an important role on our skin. I also exfoliate and moisturize.

Getting a bit off my topic, does anyone do any facial exercises? I was reading up on that the other week. So far I can't bring myself to take time out of the day to do them but some of the before and after photos are pretty impressive.

Comments (5)