SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ang76_gw

New here, question about flooring transition

ang76
17 years ago

Hi everyone. I usually hang out on the home decorating forum, but I've never posted here. I was directed here from the remodeling forum. If I'm still in the wrong place, please just point me in the right direction. :) I'm not a DIYer, I'm a "hire someone to Do It Themselves for me" kind of girl, but hubby really wanted to do this -- so please speak slow and in simple words so I don't get lost. :) And if you don't understand what I'm asking, just let me know. I'm trying to make this clear, but when you know as little as I do about this stuff, it's hard.

My husband pulled up some existing limoleum and put slate tile down instead. Now he's not sure what to do to "hide" the outer edges of the tiles and transition them nicely to the carpet. I don't want to leave it is (pic below). I don't know much about this stuff, but I know that how it is, isn't how it should be.

On the remodeling forum someone said there was something I could buy that would hide this, and make it so I don't have to grout (I assume they meant grout the outer edges) but they didn't know what it was called.

In the pic you'll see the carpet, then the "top" (visible part that isn't under the carpet)of the carpet grabber strip, then a gap where just the subfloor shows (the grayish stuff is the thinset (I think? The "paste" he put the tiles down with), then the start of the tile. Basically I want a nice looking transition from the tile to the carpet, and won't get that with what's there now... so I need to know what I should ask for or buy to get this done. A product name or general name... anything that will help me be able to say, "I need a ____" when I go to the hardware store. :)

Thank you in advance for any help!

{{gwi:1527196}}

Comments (8)