SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adoptedbygreyhounds

Disenchanted with my Bosch Universal Plus mixer

Before I call Pleasant Hill Grain, I wanted to check with other Boxch mixer owners to be sure I am not expecting too much.

I don't believe the whisks or the bread dough hook are reaching far enough into the bowl. I don't see any way to adjust this.

I did the egg white test and after 30 seconds, there was nothing but a little foam on top of liquid egg white. After 45 seconds or so, there was enough foam that things began to pick up, but the quantity after 2 minutes so was about a cup of stiff egg whites.

Made some pizza dough. Had to constantly stop to spatula down the stuff thrown up on the wall of the bowl. If I hadn't done that, part would be well- kneaded and part would not be kneaded at all. After about 5 minutes of this, I thought it was too sticky and added a half cup of flour. After about three more minutes, I took it out of the bowl and there was about a cup of very dry floury dough underneath the kneaded dough. Rats!! I just took it out a finished it by hand.

If you are still reading this, does any of this sound familiar? So far, it takes more effort than my hand mixer. I would appreciate any comments or advice.

Comments (12)