SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katclaws_mo

Is This a Good Idea or a Bad Idea?

katclaws_mo
16 years ago

Hello! I'm new to this forum so if this has been covered before, my apologies.

I've been toying with the idea of using a garage floor paint coating in my w/o basement which we recently had finished. The sump pump is located in this part of the basement as well. My concern is that when the electricity goes off, so does the sump pump. (We had a flash-flood in our basement once & don't want a repeat)

I don't want to take the chance of ruining any carpeting or laminate/hardwood flooring and I'm not sure we want to put money into ceramic tile as we are thinking of selling in the near future.

I've seen this product as HD. It's a Garage Floor coating, that when finished almost has an almost terrazzo-like look.

Has anyone used something like this in their basement or garage before? If so, are you happy with it? Also, is this a plus or minus for re-sell?

I'm a bit concerned as it says there's a 3 year warranty, but I think that refers more to a garage due to more wear & tear than a basement.

I'm including a link, but it doesn't really show the color range or color flecks as in the brochure which really does make it look like terrazzo.

Opinions or experience with this product would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: HD Garage Floor Coating

Comments (6)