SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dnilsen_gw

Question regarding furnishing the whole house

12 years ago

Hey all!

I am pretty new here and I have a question for you all. We are rebuilding after losing our house to lightning/fire last July. We are about 60% complete and now the time has come to shop for/order furniture. We have been looking a lot of different places and since redoing the whole house is so overwhelming, I have hired a decorator to help me. She initially charged me $50.00 to do a layout of my family room (that's the main room I want her to help me with), and the rest of the help is free provided that we order from them. I went in today and we picked out the sectional sofa (leather), a chair covered in fabric that I chose, a huge ottoman that will be used as a coffee table/additional seating, 9x12 rug, 5 pillows, and two poufs that will be put under a console table (we have not priced the table). All of the furniture/pillow/poufs are Vanguard brand furniture that will be made with the fabrics/leather that we have picked out. I got the pricing in today and wanted an opinion on if this is a crazy price to do a family room. The rest of the house I will be putting together with other things and some we will hold off on until we decide what we are going to do for those rooms. We have insurance money to cover furniture, but whatever I can save can go towards to something else (we did lose everything). Input on the prices would be appreciated!

Sofa Sectional- retail $8866 your price $5320

Chair- retail $2792 your price $1675

ottoman- retail $1652 your price $989

rug with pad- retail $2325 your price $1195

pillows -retail $1098 your price $659 (2-22", 2-18", 1-rug 18")

poufs- retail $850 your price $495

total - $10,333

tax - $878.31

= 11,211.31

Comments (9)