SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Elizabeth Edward's interview on Oprah

CaroleOH
14 years ago

Did anyone watch this interview? I taped it and watched it last night. It was very interesting and I really like Elizabeth Edwards - before this affair all came out I read her first book and thought she was such a strong role model for women.

But, while in a gossipy way I was very interested in the interview, after it was over I kept thinking - why would she write the new book and why would she go onto Oprah and talk about this affair?

It is obviously an uncomfortable topic and John Edwards looked a little squirmy in some of the interview with him, so why feel the need to go on national TV and talk about your husband having an affair and most likely siring an offspring with another woman.

Part of me thinks she wants her younger children to have a record of how she felt about it after she's passed away, but other than that, and other than perhaps to make John and Rielle Hunter feel like scum, why?

I did like her one statement when she said she couldn't believe that this woman (Rielle Hunter) would have such little respect for another woman - coming in and trying to take away another woman's life. It was very true to me - women should respect other women's marriages. If he'd cheat with you, he'll cheat on you with another has always been my belief.

If you are unhappy in your marriage, end that marriage first before starting another relationship. Why is that such a hard rule to follow?

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!