SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Surgery date for sister. Prayers requested!

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

Finally, we have a date for Peggy's surgery! It will be Thursday, May 27th at 8:15 AM. Both the lung and the breast surgeries will be done. I would love to have prayers and positive energy going out in my sister's direction! Thanks to those of you who participate in that!

Here are more details for those interested in the process:

Peggy will go to the hospital as an outpatient Wednesday afternoon to have the mapping of the Sentinal node done. They will locate the Sentinal node using a radioactive material and a Geiger counter. The doctor will also use a dye at the time of the mastectomy to find and remove the Sentinal node. If there is no tumor present, he will not have to remove all of the axillary lymph nodes. The lung surgery will be performed from her back. The plan is to remove the lung lobe first, then do the mastectomy.

Coordinating the block of time in the OR, and the two surgeons, was not easy for the woman in the doctor's office who does the scheduling, but Peggy has been ready long before now!

I'm glad that she will only need to recover once. At least it will all be over with & she won't be dreading a second procedure & recovery period. Peggy seems very pleased with the plan & as I mentioned, really wants it to be done asap!

My dh has something he must do that morning at work, but will leave as soon as he can, pick me up, & drive us over to Peggy's hospital, about 45 miles away.

Thanks to those of you who have followed along with me. As I've said before, "I've felt your support through cyberspace!"

Comments (51)