SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
urabbit

Young and in-debt - solutions?

urabbit
15 years ago

Total debts: $1224/mo (variable)

Total income (single): $1375/mo (variable)

No debts are vanquishable.

Well, I'm 20 years old and have tuition payments, car payments, rent, electric, phone, etc. Lots of bills for my age. I live with my girlfriend of two years in a small studio apartment. We go 50% on everything dealing with the apartment (groceries, electric, rent). I have a budget, itemizing all my payments and which bi-weekly check must be used in order to pay that bill. With the rise of fuel, and the fact that I have to use Premium, I budget for $120/mo in fuel.

I'm reaching out to seek counsel about how to further go about making my debt to income ratio a little less... frightening. The degree I received from my tuition is not helping pay itself off, and I have another nine years of $259/mo payments to deal with. :( Another mistake made by a young'n. :/ My credit card is over 50% of my credit limit. I'm going to use my $600 stimulus check (receiving in July >.If anyone has some suggestions, please share. I am in an ever-stressful state and I've given up on going to college again, because 1) I don't want to make another mistake and end up not being able to use the education, 2) cannot afford another tuition payment for another 10 years. I need new glasses, as my vision has gotten worse, but I don't have a good visual insurance plan. I'm going to need clothes soon. My car needs an oil change.

Is there any sort of government assistance I may qualify for? Anything?

Thank you, in advance.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
More Discussions