SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

AT&T U-Verse

runninginplace
14 years ago

Anyone have it? Any experience to share, positive or negative?

We have DirectTV service but over the past week it has not been functional at all (ie no television service whatsoever) due to tree growth interfering with the satellite signal. After enjoying the peace and quiet for awhile, I finally took pity on the kids and called the repair guy. His suggestion is to either 1) trim the trees or 2) move the dish.

Neither are great alternatives, because our yard is thickly covered with oak trees. My husband planted them when we moved in to give us a shady yard and 20+ years later, we have it. I love our 'grove', not to mention there is no way we can keep trimming these huge trees just to try to keep a satellite signal. Also, moving the dish wouldn't help forever because the trees are all over the yard.

Having just been at a luncheon with someone who mentioned switching to u-verse it occurred to me it might be a workable alternative for us. We could get rid of the dish completely and presumably if I bundled tv/phone/internet I might save money or at least not spend any more for the u-verse. My most techno-geeky friend is excited; he claims it is wonderful, fastest service, best thing since sliced bread etc etc. The only reason he hasn't switched is he can't bear the thought of being disconnected for several days because of some complicated techno reason I don't understand.

Then I talked to a colleague. He said immediately that he had heard quite a few people have had negative experiences. Supposedly the u-verse internet service is really bad, it goes down frequently, and so on. That took some of the wind out of my sails because as noted I was hoping to move a group of services over to the u-verse.

I welcome anyone's stories or advice-thanks in advance.

Ann

Comments (6)