SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houscrzy_gw

Ideas for this fireplace? Help please!

houscrzy
16 years ago

I just can't decide what to do with this fireplace! We already have some $ into it, and so I can't do something really expensive. The fireplace is part of an extensive remodel including a shed dormer in the living room to raise the ceiling height. The fireplace was painted white when we bought the house and we sandblasted it back to stone. I was hoping the stone would be prettier, but alas! The contractor patched in the niche which I think looks much better (hence the different grouts), but I'm still worried about the grey cast to the stone. The outside of the house is the same stone, but in warmer tones and I was hoping the fireplace would be the same.

So my question is--would you keep this stone and extend the fireplace up with the same stone (we have access to some), or tear the stone out and do something completely different? Also, is there some type of enhancer we might be able to use to bring out the warmer tones in the stone? I do think different grout in a warmer tone would help too. I also want to add a wood mantle, I think.

Thanks for all of your ideas!

Comments (7)