SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

propane tanks...

andrelaplume2
16 years ago

I guess I should call sevral local propane deliverers but maybe a heads up here could save me some time. We are likely getting a propane insert. To be honest my wife just wanted a gas logset but I figured we might as well do it right and not only have a nice flame but some extra heat coming into our family room, even if only as a backup if our electric goes off. The real idea here is to have a nice flame. If the thing heats well we may end up using the insert more and more...initially. I guess it won't be until we see how much our electric bill goes down in relation to how much propane we use until we decide how much we really would use the thing.

So renting sounds like the way to go...?

This also makes the figuring the size propane tank to get hard to tell as well. Do we start with something small, something big? Do we rent the tank or buy it? If you rent, is the rental figured into the propane price or must I pay so much a month...even thru the summer when not in use...? What if we don't use it much...surely they must charge some fee if they only fill the a 50 gallon tank or even 100 once a year?

Any with experice care to make some suggestions? What rental plan to look for. Buy the tank etc etc.

Comments (5)