SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Kid Damaged Car...Bogus Items On Estimate

ttodd
14 years ago

So my 6 year old did something totally stupid - he threw a rock at a parked car to see what would happen.

Dumb - but it's done and we obviously told the owner to get a few estimates and that we would take care of the damages.

Well he got 2 estimates and one of them (the lower of the 2) has some really cheesey stuff on like a new rear view mirror, rear taillight and fender, new pin stripiung along the front.

Well my son hit the car door w/ the rock - nowhere else and the indentations, while small, are clearly visible if you really look - right on the door and the door only. I asked my other son who was w/ him when he did it, where his brother hit the car and he clearly showed me the car door panel. W/o leading him I asked 'What about here?' and pointed to the other places listed on the estimate. He didn't miss a beat - 'No mommy - right here'and took me back to the car door panel.

How would you dispute this particular estimate. I have pictures of the car and there is clearly no damage to the other areas of the car and the pinstriping on the front was already messed up.

Comments (25)