SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Son Threw Rock Part Deux....Home or Auto Ins?

ttodd
13 years ago

So now they (not him per se' - but his daughter who has POA) wants it to go through our home owners insurance. He's elderly and said that we should do what she asks since she has POA and is sorry.

I can't imagine that our auto would cover it since our car didn't hit his so would our homeowners's ins. cover it?

I just want to be properly educated before moving forward w/ home or auto insurance. How would Home Owners Ins. cover it if our son went off our property and threw the rock? That's the part that has me scratching my head but she wants our home owners policy to file that's for sure.

I just want to be well informed when I go back to her w/ info because as soon as she came over to our house she went across the alley to another neighbors and started reading her the riot act about a rock that was slightly hanging over her property line into the alley (went on for AN HOUR!) and her home owners ins., code and on and on. I would have not worried but then she headed to the next neighbors place and started on them about stuff citing insurance if anything happens to her because of 'whatever'. She made her way up and down the alley in a real whirlwind w/ neighbors.

Since the rock throwing incident I've had opportunity to speak to the car owner (dad of home owners insurance creaming gal to everyone up and down the alley) and he has been lovely. Even says stops to say 'Hi' to DS1 when he sees them.

I can't wait to move - I try to avoid folks like that like the plague. They're just toxic.

Clueless here.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations