SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkkristen

I hate my floors!

mkkristen
15 years ago

A couple of years ago we put laminate from Costco in the living room and dining room(1 big L shaped room) and a couple of months later we had some tile guys put tile into the foyer and the connecting kitchen and the bathroom. The laminate isn't scratched or anything like that, but it is starting to gap where the tops and bottoms of some boards meet. The tile is horrible. I HATE it. These guys started out good, and finished terribly. Some of the tiles are cracking. The transitions they did are the suckiest transitions I have ever seen. My 7 year old could have done better. Every time I look at the tile I want to scream.

All that to say, we are thinking of changing the floor in all the rooms but the back bathroom. It will stay the tile since that is the one area where it isn't screwed up. I'd love to go hardwood everywhere, but really don't know if I want hardwood in the kitchen or by the front door where the kids come in everyday with wet boots, etc. But with the laminate gapping already, I don't know that I want to go laminate everywhere either. Is the laminate just because we did it and aren't experienced or the brand? I will not consider tile again. I figured I would leave it up to you experts to guide me.

Oh and under the laminate is parquet flooring that is in horrible shape, no clue what is under that. And if I remember correctly, they put plywood under the tile.

Thanks!

Comments (4)