SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashweekins

Good quality leather living room furniture for average joe?

ashweekins
14 years ago

My husband and I bought our first home 2.5 years ago. Aside from the home being our first "grown up" purchase, we went out and bought a whole house full of furniture from Ashley Furniture. Big mistake!! We bought the extended warranty, but it proved worthless when our 2.5 year old leather reclining sofa, loveseat, and chair are falling apart and they will not replace them past one year. Knowing what we know now, we want/need to replace our living room set as they are causing back pain for both of us, huge gaps between the seat cushions from the poor quality springs, etc.

We would prefer leather. A nice sectional that is not gargantuan, or another sofa/loveseat/chair combination. Something that can withstand daily use... we spend a lot of family time and have a lot of get-togethers, so it will be high traffic furniture that needs to last.

We live in the Houston, TX area. I don't really know what our budget is? We are just the average joe working couple with 3 dogs and no kids (yet)... if that gives you an idea. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Rooms To Go, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrell, Ethan Allen, Thomasville, somewhere else?

Comments (8)