SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Making decisions about our time in Philly -- what to do?

Sueb20
12 years ago

Many of you helped with suggestions when I first started thinking about this trip, and now it's almost here. We will be in Philly for 3 nights next week. It will be just me and my DS, age 16, and DD, age 11. The "definites" on our itinerary are Reading Terminal Market, all the historical stuff around the Liberty Bell/Constitution Center/Betsy Ross House/Independence Hall, the South Street area, the Museum of Art (have tix for Van Gogh exhibit), and maybe the Mutter Museum. We have a "slot" for one activity on one morning, and I can't decide between the Franklin Institute, the zoo, or the aquarium. Any advice? We live in Boston where we do have a good aquarium, and we have been to others... we also are not far from a good zoo in Providence, and have been to others... are the Philly zoo and/or aquarium fantastic, or just okay? Of course it will partly depend on weather -- if it happens to be raining, we won't go to the zoo!

This will be quite an adventure for me. Leaving DH home with oldest DS, who has school, and this is the longest drive I have ever done solo. Wish me luck! Fortunately, these are my two "easy" kids, so I know we'll have fun.

Comments (8)