SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonshadow_gw

Not what do you wear, instead: How do you wear jewelry?

moonshadow
13 years ago

I've seen threads asking what others wear, but not how they wear it. I'm not big on jewelry. Always have something in my double pierced ears, occasionally wear a bracelet. Even less occasionally a necklace but if I do, no bracelet. Only because too much going on makes me uncomfortable.

I was admiring a necklace worn by Ramona on RHoNYC, very understated but versatile, jeans to dressy. I forget the earrings she wore with that one. (Probably her design she's selling since the same styles are often repeated & it's free advertising ;) But she often wears a lot of bold chunky pendant styles in silver with large matching earrings.

Then I started paying attention. LuAnne often wears necklaces much more my taste (except the mega chunky ones). More earthy stones, not overly frilly, fancy or heavy on bling. Then I noticed something else: if she wears a 'bold' necklace, earrings do not match, they are much smaller or nonexistent. If she wears a subdued or simpler necklace (or multi-layered, dainty pendant with plain chains) sometimes her earrings will make the bolder statement. Or sometimes subdued or no earrings but a cuff or wide band of multiple bracelets will be the attention grabber.

So I'm curious how you wear your jewelry? Do you match or mix it up? Use multiple pieces to make a statement or just one?

Comments (17)