SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengrl_gw

The Chicken Feet Challenge!

gardengrl
16 years ago

O.k., since I'm fascinated by this whole chicken feet thing, I decided to give it a try. I'll post the process as I go along.

After explaining to hubby just WHY I had to find some chicken feet, we were on a mission. Where do you buy chicken feet, you might ask? Well, we are lucky to have a diverse ethnic population here in the city beautiful known as Orlando. Most self-respecting Asian or Latin grocery will carry chicken feet. Apparently, theyÂve known all about the wonders of feet for some time. I also love going to Asian groceries, as I can find the neatest things there. I got a bargain on some black rice vinegar and dark sesame oil, which will be used for something tasty in the future; IÂm sure.

First, some fun.

If in the proximity of a chicken foot, feel free to chase your spouse, children, pets, neighbors, etc. around the house while screaming "Yarrrr! Yarrr!" (clucking just doesnÂt have the same effect).

Little Birdy's Dirty Feet

O.k., after that, you prep the little suckers for their first wash, according to Elise at Simply Recipes. Here are the little scaly things ready for boiling:

They're in the pot, ready for boil:

STAY TUNED!!!

Comments (107)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County