SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Pants for big bottoms!

Sueb20
13 years ago

I am having the worst time finding pants that fit! I have jeans, plenty of them -- I discovered a few years ago that Lucky Brand Easy Rider jeans fit me great. I still have to get the waist taken in and sometimes the length shortened, but it's worth it to me because they really do fit better than any others I've tried. But non-jeans? I have almost nothing. I have a pear shape -- relatively small waist and then... well, you know. My thighs are enormous. I need to lose about 10 lbs. but even when I do, I still have the same shape and the same difficulty finding pants that fit. The real issue is finding pants that will fit over my thighs/hips with some kind of "drape" and not binding or clinging. I don't mind taking in the waist. The ideal pants have no front pockets because they just provide added bulk! I have one pair of black dress pants from Banana Republic that fit okay, and one pair of linen dress pants from J. Jill that I love -- actually tried to get more pairs last year when I realized how much I loved them, but they were sold out. But I have ordered other pants from BR in the same size, and couldn't even pull them up. What I'd really like to find is regular "everyday" pants -- you know, not dressy, not jeans, but somewhere in the middle. If you have a similar shape and have had good luck with specific brands or designers, please let me know! I keep thinking I can't be the only one with this problem...

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!