wrestling diet

Vinnie118

I wrestle so I have to make weight for my matches. To keep from being over weight I usualy can't eat anything the day of a match. I usually have an hour or two between weigh ins and when I have to wrestle. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can eat after I weigh in that will give me quick energy for my match?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Something light, with carbohydrates, like fruit. Maybe a banana or two.

Rather than starving yourself the day of the match, try this so you have a stable weight that is always just under the limit. A friend of mine in high school did this, and he won a lot of matches against guys like you who try to make weight by deprivation.

Drink ample water all the time (stay hydrated so you are peeing regularly, because dehydration makes you weak.)

Avoid sodium - it leads to water retention.
DO NOT drink soft drinks
Do NOT eat salty foods (chips, pizza, processed foods, etc.)

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
surferz90

Hey I found this awesome site for wrestling nutrition, workouts and moves at http://www.getreadytowrestle.blogspot.com

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets 15 Doggone-Good Tips for a Pet Washing Station
Turn a dreaded chore into an easier task with a handheld sprayer, an elevated sink or even a dedicated doggie tub
Full Story
Life Show Us Your Thanksgiving Fails
On some holidays you are just thankful when it’s over
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Plants That Beat Butterfly Bush for the Wildlife Draw
It's invasive, a nonnative and a poor insect magnet. Check out these better alternatives to butterfly bush in the garden
Full Story