SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_az

Tired of listening to my husband!!!

Andrea_AZ
22 years ago

Ok, so I was just browsing on this forum and I have a question. I have been married for a year and a half and my hubbie is a little out of shape (not too bad) and it has been increasing since we got married, especially since we had our son 3 months ago (sympathy weight gain!). Before we met, he played basketball in college and probably had 5% body fat, very active and athletic. Since then he is not so active, school full time and work, and all he does is complain about his body. He'll eat too much and then complain about how much he overeats and how fat he is. He is by no means fat...he is 6'6" and weighs about 245 lbs. He just needs to excerise.

How do I motivate him to exercise w/out sounding like I am unhappy with his body? It is no secret that any woman would like there husband to be in shape(and vice versa), but I will love him no matter what. I am getting very tired of hearing him complain about how none of his clothes fit him or that he looks fat in them, but then he does nothing to change the situation. It would be different if he was comfortable with his body, but he is definitely NOT! Any advice, thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored