SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandy1989

House warming party registry

mandy1989
10 years ago

Hello everyone!

just want to say thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply!

my boyfriend and I just bought a new house moving in 2 months. we both live at home with our parents and have never lived on our own. we also are not engaged or married, plan to one day but weddings are expensive! we chose to buy a house first.

i will be having a house warming party shortly after we move in, and I would like to do a registry. it is normal for people to bring gifts like wine etc, but we both don't drink wine and need all the basic things that start to add up! I've looked up online and everyone says its rude and tacky, however most of these posts online are referring to people that have lived on their own before and then throwing a house warming party and expecting gifts.

so what are your opinions of my situation and if you think it is ok to have the registry. All of our family and friends are aware of our situation (never living on our own, and no bridal shower). Some family tells me I should do it, but I don't want to offend anyone by basically asking for a gift if you want to come. Also thought about just having the appropriate wording on the invite about the gifts being optional but still including the registry.

thank you!
Amanda

This post was edited by mandy1989 on Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 11:38

Comments (9)

Sponsored