Exercise your body and brain.

popi_gw

I go for long walks, try to every day.

I have made a habit of downloading all sorts of talks about science, or art, philosophy, or anything that sounds interesting and putting them on an ipod. I have learnt so much from listening to these talks.

Just thought others may like to do the same thing, and get that brain working as well !

Popi

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

You are so right! Books on tape are good too.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olympiceagle

I agree with the notion of listening to something of interest while exercising. You learn stuff and it makes the time go by much faster.

One caution. Be conscious of your personal safety. Depending on where you walk, be aware of others around you as well as traffic. It's easy to become so engrossed in what you're listening to that you might unwittingly put yourself at risk. Many years ago I had a job that entailed a pretty easy, one-hour commute. I thought I'd make some use of that time and got some tapes on a variety of topics of interest to me. However, I quickly learned that I could not listen to the tapes and drive safely at the same time, so I quit the tapes. Now that I hear all the controversy about using cell phones while driving, I understand what I was going through. I guess that, personally, I'm not one for multi-tasking. Yes, I am of the male gender. :-)

Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular The Brain of a Designer, in Diagrams
Ever wonder what's really going on inside the head of your architect or designer? Now's your chance to find out
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Bath Design: Renew Body and Mind With Colorful Light
By JW
Take one tired, stressed-out self. Rinse in a shower bathed in blue light (or any color you like). Repeat
Full Story
Life 5 Tips to Wake Up Faster and More Happily
Shine when you rise even if you're not a morning person with these strategies to banish the brain fuzz
Full Story
Healthy Home Gadgets Help You Watch Your Health at Home
See the crop of new devices that can monitor your body's vital signs and environment for health, fitness and fun
Full Story
Most Popular 10 Elements of an Inspiring Workout Zone
Give yourself an incentive to exercise regularly by creating an environment that will get you moving at home
Full Story
Home Gyms Work In Some Workout Room Right at Home
Exercise good judgment by reshaping an attic, a basement or even a hallway as a gym space
Full Story
Backyard Ideas 8 Backyard Ideas to Delight Your Dog
Cue the joyous soundtrack. These pet-friendly landscape and garden ideas will keep your pooch safe, happy and well exercised outdoors
Full Story
Color 12 Colors to Pump Up Your Home Gym
Peeling gray walls not inspiring your workouts? Exercise your right to a motivating space with these stylish paint picks
Full Story